Laying in bed last night (when I should have been sleeping), I was fooling around on my phone and I realized that I needed to find an app to solve a problem of mine – getting my kids to brush their teeth. Now, you might question why I have to remind my boys to brush their teeth at night (“Why do I have to? I brush them in the morning.”) S***! But, that’s the nature of 14-year-old boys.
So, I thought it would be great to have BrushMe App. It would set off an alarm with the picture of a cute girl laughing and saying how horrible their breath smelled right as they were turning off their phone to go to bed. That’ll get them to the bathroom!
Then, as if that wasn’t enough, I kept going:
1. AgeMe or SizeMe App: I’ve often wondered what I will look like when I get old(er). So, what if I could show myself aging (I feel like it’s happening rapidly) until I get to the point where I just don’t want to look anymore! Or, what if it could show what I would look with more pounds or less. Wouldn’t it be cool to see ourselves 30 pounds heavier? It might prevent those late night trips to the freezer for that carmel swirl ice cream …
2. GroceryStore App: As you know I spend 1/2 my life at the grocery store and I would love to have an app that records all my purchases and tells me when I am likely to need to buy that new ketchup bottle that the kids have emptied and left in the fridge. G-d that bugs me when they do that!
3. FartingSounds App: I wonder if it would help quell the gas coming out of my boys if I played actual farting sounds and they could see how bad they really sound. I could actually record theirs (which have got to be the worst) and use them on the app. Maybe this might be too fun for them …!
4. Excuses App: I often need really good excuses why I don’t want to do something but I feel too guilty just saying no. What if I had an app that gave me an excuse like, “Sorry, I can’t meet you for dinner. My credit card was stolen and used at an adult book store and I need to head (no pun intended) down to the store and identify my card.”
5. HairDryer App: My hair takes forever to dry. Why can’t my phone double as a hair dryer? It’s used for everything else. Imagine if I could be talking on the phone and drying my hair at the same time!
Maybe I should create an app which forces my phone off at a certain time so that I use my sleeping time for sleeping and not doing stupid stuff and likely losing brain cells in the process.
Have a great weekend!