I gotta tell you – this was a week from I’m not sure where. I mean a seriously difficult week, from work to kids to the emotional experiences I had with people I knew and didn’t know. Yet, I made it through and I want to sum up this week’s lessons:
1. When your body is tired, listen to it. Quiet time with a blanket (or wine) can solve all ills.
2. Sometimes people blame you because there is no one else to blame and that doesn’t mean it’s your fault.
3. Kids will blame you when it is clearly their fault. That’s their job. Ignore it.
4. Resting doesn’t always have to mean sleeping. Sometimes it can mean laughing or just hanging out with people who make you laugh.
5. It’s ok to say, “I can’t do one more thing for anyone.”
6. If your feeling nauseous, don’t go lie down in bed without an ice cream bucket.
7. Keep your eyes open. Someone needs you.
8. You are beautiful. And, even if you don’t feel like you are beautiful, take care of your body as if it is.
9. It is ok to get take-out dinner four out of five nights (or five out of five sometimes too.)
10. If you can’t say something nice, then say something not nice in as nice a way as possible.
11. Raising teenagers is much harder than raising elementary school kids.
12. You never know who will enter or leave your life at any particular moment. Enjoy as much of it as you can.
13. Getting older means we just have more cool experiences to share at dinner parties.
14. Sometimes buying yourself a new dress does help.
15. Happiness is easiest during happy times, but sweetest during hard times.
Have a really fantastic weekend!