In my recent life transition, I’ve had to look at the things in my life that are the constants. Those things I know for sure (the good and the not-so-good) and understand how they play into my life.
This is what I know for sure (today):
1. I can always find a reason to smile. I’ve had some moments lately where I didn’t feel like smiling. But, I’ve found that in those moments, if we take one second to be thankful for something right in front of our face (even a cup of java), we can find a reason to smile. Do it.
2. I’m going to be ok. There is no question that whatever the trial of the moment, we will be ok. Things will work out. Just find a way to know that and it will help you get to the next day, and the next, and the next. You will be ok each of those days. I promise.
3. There will be a reason to cry. Pain is inevitable. But, when one door closes, another one always (and I mean always) opens. Allow the first one to close. If you don’t, nothing else will open.
4. I have the energy to change directions. We attract what we are. I know someone who is always fighting with other people. It’s been his life. I tried to understand it, to support it – but I couldn’t. Unless he changes his energy (which he can) – that will be his life. Draw the positive energy you want in your life by finding it in yourself. It is there!
5. There will always be something “better.” There’s always something cooler, more exciting. A new house. New clothes. A new “person.” But “better” is a state of mind. Some of the happiest people I know have the least amount of “stuff.” They work through their s*** not run from it. Think about it.
6. Time keeps marching on. I was talking with someone recently who just retired. He said it was the best time of his life! Cool! Love the time/place you’re in. A new one (whether you like it or not) is around the corner.
7. I will always feel fear and love. In some ways, they are intertwined. We have fear inside us. Fear of failure. Fear of loneliness. Fear that we’re not good enough. But we’ll also always feel love. When you are feeling fearful about a situation – find the love in it. Actually, find the love in you — it will eliminate the fear.
I really could go on and on (thank g-d I have a blog!). But, the key message for me (and us) today is that life is ever-changing and never certain. What we want and love one minute is gone the next. But, what we can count on is our inner peace, positive energy and our love. Give that out, my friends. Give it to the world and watch what comes back to you.
Have an amazing start to the week! XO