I have been asking myself a lot of questions lately. Actually, it started a few years back when I found an article that asked some really serious life questions. It got me thinking. Since then I’ve quietly formulated my own list and I wanted to share a few with you:
1. Why don’t you do what you know you should be doing? The challenge for me is doing the things I know I should be doing, even when getting there will be painful, tough or just plain scary. Frankly, if we just “did” what we know we should do, instead of thinking about it, the universe might really open up to us.
2. If you achieved all of your life’s goals how would you feel? What are my life goals? Is there really something I have to achieve? I believe in change (although I don’t like it) and I believe in striving for growth and goals. But shouldn’t the question be, “What kind of life do I want to lead?”
3. Who did I love today? I ask myself this question each night when I get in bed. Actually, as crazy as my life feels (and looks sometimes), being in bed is my most special place. It’s where I’ve felt some really great love. It’s where I send my love out each night to the people in my life. And, it’s where I ask myself, “What did I learn today and who did I love?”
4. What do you need to make it happen? This is one of my favorite questions when I feel stuck or can’t get to a goal. If nothing else, this question gives us ownership in whatever we’re creating, whether it’s a project or a relationship.
5. What would your (role model) do right now? Sometimes I ask myself what my mom might do in a situation with my kids. Or, what might my mentor do with a career question. Act as if you knew what he/she would do and do it.
6. If we could wave a magic wand and anything together, what would it be? I’ve never asked a partner this but how cool would it be to remove all mental, physical and financial constraints and think about being together and doing almost anything! Ask your partner or best friend this question today.
7. Are you being true to your values? What do you value most in life? I value family, health, work, friends and love. Am I staying true to my values as I move about the world? Are they working together? If not, I’ve got to readjust what I’m doing.
8. If you weren’t scared what would you do? What would your 90-year-old self, looking back on your own life, advise you to do right at this moment?
9. What’s next? Nothing better than to ask this question of yourself and others. Something amazing will be next!
Got some questions of your own? Can’t hurt to start a list!
Have a great weekend!